530 KHz unID

Descriptions and audio files of unID AM stations, plus assistance in identifying them from DX'ers

Moderator: Shawn Axelrod

Bill Brown

530 KHz unID

Postby Bill Brown » Thu 14 Jan 2016 19:08

50 year wait to join the NRC and do some deep listening for the first time in decades! BCB listening as a kid in MI is what got me interested in what has become a career livelihood.
I need to read up more to see how to post or link to an audio file of this sta.
Weak unID Spanish nulled on north-south axis allowed unusual music and language up and down. First impression from music style was Arabic / mid-east. I lived in Kuwait two years as an advisor to the Minister of Defence and when audio came up it did not resemble Gulf Arabic. Next music captured in audio file, if I can post it, reminded me more Indian than Arabic, quick rhythm with high female voice. Sta seemed to be centered on 530 not a tweener.
Very exciting if my first real international catch, but don't know.
Thanks.
EDIT: Well I got the audio file up to OneDrive, but when I try to attach to here it says invalid extension, which is .mp3. Same error message dragging file from desktop to message block. I'll keep working on it.
--
CC Radio SW, New Quantum Loop on kitchen table.
14 Jan 16 0315 - 0345 ET

Bruce A. Conti

Re: 530 KHz unID

Postby Bruce A. Conti » Sat 16 Jan 2016 01:55

Your description would indicate it's CIAO Brampton (Toronto), Ontario. Programming is primarily south Asian / subcontinental Indian. The program schedule is at http://www.am530.ca/programschedule.htm
Bruce Conti - International DX Digest
contiba@gmail.com
http://www.bamlog.com

Bill Brown

Postby Bill Brown » Sun 17 Jan 2016 06:12

Thanks Bruce. After a couple nights' absence this reappeared and I believe this is ON as listed on 530. Weak Spanish music also up and down. Checking your programming link matches what I heard also.

Russ Edmunds

Postby Russ Edmunds » Sun 24 Jan 2016 00:59

You don't provide your location, however the most likely station for your Spanish is either Radio Enciclopedia in Cuba ( usually lots of music) or Radio Rebelde also in Cuba which has more talk.

Return to “UnID Station Help”